Tuesday, February 3, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00026] Kettlebell Sport (LCC&J & 1 Arm Jerks)


I have suffering from yet another niggling injury lately, this time its my groin. I think I make have a slight strain from demonstrating too many overhead squats without a warm-up for my clients last week. This has forced me to abstain from hitting LCC&J, but it today I just had to do it. I was starting to get withdrawals!...

Kettlebell Sport

LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's

-7 minutes @ 6 rpm (42 reps, a new PR for this duration of time)

*This set felt really good. I'm settling into the 6 rpm pace nicely now, it feels comfortable and not rushed. I probably could have gone the whole 10 minutes today, but with my injury record I am going to stick to small steps and let my body adapt before I progress on too much. 

Jerk @ 32kg's

-5 minutes @ 6 rpm (15/15 reps with 1 hand switch)

* I had planned on another set of long cycle, but got a small tear in my left hand so traded it out for a quick jerk set. The 32 is feeling better and better every time I use it...

1 Arm Get-Up Sit-Ups

-5/5x 12kg
-5/5x 16kg

*I hadn't done these for a while so I finished with a couple of sets. I used to use the 24's for these, that wasn't happening today, I need to get back on these!...

No comments:

Post a Comment