Monday, February 16, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00034] Kettlebell Sport Lifting


Time is ticking away and the Arnold is fast approaching. I have decided to cut down all other aspects of training except Kettlebell Sport lifting from this point on. It's time to get my Long Cycle locked in to where it's just second nature and there's only one way to do that...repetition, repitition, and more repetition...

Kettlebell Sport

LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's

-6 minutes @ 7 rpm (38 reps, dropped off pace the last 2 minutes, but this was still a 6 minute PR for me. Previous best was 36 @ 6 rpm)

Minutes Breakdown (reps)
1. 7
2. 7
3. 7
4. 7
5. 5
6. 5

*I was a little disappointed at first today, not making my goal because this was the first time I have failed to do so. However, that's probably a good indicator that I am really approaching my current threshold with regard to rep rate which is good because it means I am pushing the limits of what I can do and that's how you progress. I also changed my clean technique a little so that still hasn't clicked completely yet, so there is still much room for improvement.

LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's

-4 minutes @ 7 rpm (28)

*After the first set I wasn't too happy so I decided to hit another at 7 rpm and structure exactly where I would hit my reps. This seems to work better for me and today was no exception, this set felt far smoother, more comfortable and I was able to stay on pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment