Tuesday, February 10, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00029] Kettlebell Sport (1 Arm Jerk, Swings)


This past weekend was The Edge Fitness Center's first kettlebell lifting seminar with special guest coach Marty Farrell. The event was a great success. Fun was had by all, and everyone worked hard and learned a lot! I will be posting a more detailed write up of the event on my other blog as soon as I get the opportunity, so stay tuned. I will say a big thank you to Marty, you are legend mate! We really appreciate you coming down sharing your knowledge and expertise with us. 

As a side note, Marty and I will soon be offering some male modeling seminars. We are both just so natural in front of the camera, it just has to be done! Check out this action shot...


I did lift quite a bit over the weekend, however I failed to record any of my numbers on paper. I do have all the lifts on video however, so I will review the footage and then post what I did. 

Here's today's workout...

Kettlebell Sport

1 Arm Jerk @ 32kg's
-3 sets of 2 minutes with 1 hand switch and 60 seconds rest between sets...

1.] 10/10
2.] 12/11
3.] 12/12

*This felt really good today, the 32 is feeling lighter and lighter to me. I was experimenting with my rack position a bit today. After talking to my good friend Marty I decided to start working on rotating my palm forward while in the rack (Fedorenko style) and it actually clicked pretty well today. The first set was a little strange, but then my elbow started slotting right on my hip in this position and it felt good. Also, the jerk feels way more powerful from this position, it feels like you get more drive from the hip this way. Cheer's Marty, just got to work on getting in this position in the double rack now.

1 Arm Swing @ 24kg's
-3 sets of 2 minutes with 1 hand switch and 30 seconds rest between sets...

1.] 31/31
2.] 31/31
3.] 30/30

*Haven't done swings in a while so this worked me pretty good!

Jump Squats @ 135#
-3 sets of 50 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment