Saturday, February 14, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00032&33] Kettlebell Sport Lifting & Rest Day...


Friday 13th February

My injury was still bothering me today, but I decided I would at least hit some cleans and perhaps a couple of jerks...

Kettlebell Sport

Double Cleans @ 2x 24kg's

-6 minutes @ 8 rpm (48 reps)

*This felt really comfortable and I actually managed to improve my technique during the set. It's good to focus on the different lifts individually as sometimes (especially during LC) you tend to just focus on making the time or the reps and don't think about the finer points of technique. Today I was able to focus a lot more on driving my hands through the bells before settling into my rack and it made for a much smoother and more efficient clean.

1 Arm LCC&J @ 32kg's

-4 minutes @ 6 rpm (24 reps) w/ 1 hand switch

*This was my first time doing LC for 2 minutes without a hand switch with the 32. It felt pretty good on the right, not as good on the left but it's a good starting point. 

Double Jerks @ 2x 24kg's

-3 minutes @ 6rpm (18 reps)

*This was really a working set, I just wanted to play around with my rack position a little and see if I could double rack and jerk with the palm rotated forward. It was a little awkward at first, but I can get into right position now. The next step is to get comfortable there...

Saturday 14th February

Rest Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment