Thursday, January 8, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00005]


Kettlebell Workout

After speaking with one of my clients (who happens to be an orthopedic surgeon) regarding my upper back issue I was advised to refrain from doing any swings or cleans for the remainder of this week. He told me that I just need to avoid movement were I any loading the spine while flexed at the hip (bent over). He told me the injury was nothing major perhaps just a slight tweaked ligament or something, so that was good news. 

Based on this I decided to hit Jerks today and save my LCC&J for next week. The workout started well, but took a nose dive on my second set. I suddenly began feeling a slight twinge in my left knee out of nowhere! I was pissed! I finished the set, but called it a day there. I'm still a long way off the Arnold so I feel it's better to air on the cautious side than to push through things like this right now. 

Not too happy with how things are going right now, but I guess I just need to be patient.

Prior to the workout I decided to shoot for 7 rpm on the jerk, I hit 67 reps in Atlanta so that would be the next natural progression. Also, with me working at 5 rpm on LCC&J I figured the faster pace on the jerk sets would serve me well with regard to conditioning. 

The Workout

Jerk @ 2x 24kg's

-6 mins @ 7 rpm (42 reps), which is a PR for the 6 minute time frame. 
-4 mins @ 7 rpm (28 reps)

An that was that...

No comments:

Post a Comment