Saturday, January 17, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00013] LCC&J & Jerks (timed sets)


I decided to hit some timed sets today. I need to build toward 10 minute sets at 5 rpm in the LCC&J over the next few weeks and then hopefully progress on to 6 rpm pace by the time the Arnold rolls around...

The Workout

LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's
-7 mins @ 5 rpm (35 reps)
-4 mins @ 6 rpm (24 reps)

*The 7 minute set felt really good, I could probably have gone 10 minutes if I had pushed on. I am really settling in to the 5 rpm rate now, I no longer feel rushed especially utilizing the quick transition from jerk to the next clean. Then I take my rest in the rack prior to the next jerk. After doing the Rostov program this pace actually feels kind of slow, its amazing how that works! Everything is relative. Set #2 felt quite good too, I haven't settled into this pace yet, but I'm close.

1 Arm Jerk @ 32kg's
-5 mins @ 6 rpm (15/15 reps with 1 hand switch)

*This was my first time at 6 rpm's with the 32 and it felt comfortable. I am starting to get used to the weight of the 32 now which is also helping my work with the 24's as they are feeling lighter to me all the time. 

No Jump squats today, still trying to be careful with my knee. I didn't feel it at all during todays workout so I thought I would quit while I was ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment