Wednesday, January 14, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00010] Rostov Program (D1)


Tuesday 13th January

This post is for yesterday's workout, didn't get time to get it up until now. I was undecided as to what kind of workout I would hit today, until I found some inspiration from Scott Helsley. Reading his latest blog he revealed a training program he has been experimenting with recently. The Rostov Program. 

This tweaked my interest, it's a little different to the usual k-bell programming as it involves shorter sets and a faster tempo, I like the look of it! Thank you for the info Scott, it came at the perfect time for me. As I prepare for the Arnold, my LCC&J feels strong especially my rack position, but the main obstacle for me right now is keeping my smooth and solid rhythm at a faster tempo. Thus, implementing the Rostov Program into my regime could prove key as I attempt to increase my LCC&J total from 45 to 50+ (10 mins). I am still working with the 24kg bells at present so I shall modify the program from Scott's, where he used 32's, i'll use 24's and where he used 24's, i'll use 16's. 

The Workout

Rostov Program (D1)
-2x 24kg's / 16 reps (8rpm) / 2:00 (successfully completed)
-2x 16kg's / 30 reps (10 rpm) / 2:30 (successfully completed)

*This felt good, comfortable, but not easy. I can see it's going to get rough from here on out, but I think I'm gonna like it! Us k-bell lifter are a sick bunch....

Against my better judgement I went followed the Rostov workout with a CrossFit WOD pretty much knowing it wasn't going to go well and fairly sure I didn't have enough time to do the whole workout. Ah well, you live and learn...

Workout #2
For time:
-15x Power Cleans @ 135#
-30x Ring Dips
-12x Power Cleans @ 135#
-24x Ring Dips

*This was as far as I got before I had to quit so that I would be ready for my next client. My time was 12:12 at this point.

The part I missed was:
-9x Power Cleans @ 135#
-18x Ring Dips
-6x Power Cleans @ 135#
-12x Ring Dips
-3x Power Cleans @ 135#
-6x Ring Dips

*I may actually hit this one again at some point in the next week when I have more time and I'm a little fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment