Tuesday, January 27, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00021] LCC&J & 1 Arm Cleans


Today was my first day attempting 6 reps per minute on LCC&J for more than 4 minutes. After hitting 50 reps last week it's time to up the tempo...

Kettlebell Sport 

LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's
-5 minutes @ 6 rpm (30 reps)
-3 minutes @ 7 rpm (21 reps)

*Both sets felt decent. I felt my knee on a couple of jerks but it wasn't bad, I adjusted my stance to make it a little wider and that seemed to help. Also, I was really trying to focus on pressing the bells straight up and not military style today. I have a tendency to go slightly wide, but I felt I did much better on this as the set wore on. 

1 Arm Cleans @ 32kg
-2 minutes @ 4 rpm (8 reps, with 1 hand switch)

*Didn't want to push things with my knee so I tried cleans with the 32 for the first time instead. I only hit 1 minute per hand as my grip was already fatigued and I didn't want to tear my hands, but it's a start.

K-bell Jerk (1 k-bell racked) Box Jumps (12")
-5x @ 15#
-5x @ 12kg

*This wasn't really part of my workout, but I thought I would try it out a little. It's a lot harder than you would think! Kudos to Steve Cotter for hitting 5 of these with a 32kg bell onto a 24" box, thats monstrous explosion! Great movement, it will become part of my regular assistance work regime.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment