Thursday, January 15, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00011] Rostov Program (D2) & Timed Set (LCC&J)


I decided to combine day 2 of the Rostov Program with a timed set of LCC&J today. This may not be ideal in most cases as the Rostov workouts are demanding enough that you don't really need to do much else, however I am still in the early stages of the program so the sets are still short. Down the line I will use the Rostov protocol as its own entity, but for today I wanted to hit it and then perform my usual timed set to see how I faired while pre-fatigued. Here's how it went...

The Workout

Rostov Program (D2), LCC&J
-2x 24kg's / 20 / 2:30 
-2x 16kg's / 42 / 3:30

*I successfully completed the allocated reps for both sets, but this was far more taxing than day 1. It's going to get rough from here on out! I am noticing my technique improve perhaps surprising during these faster sets. Prior to this I would during my sets I would rest for a few seconds in the rack both following the clean and jerk portion because my rack feels so solid, but this slows me down. Working this way has forced me to only pause following my clean, to set up the jerk, following the jerk I am now dropping the bells and transitioning straight into my next clean, much faster and more efficient...

LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's
-6 minutes @ 5 rpm (30 reps)

*This set was a lot tougher than the last time I hit 6 minutes at this rep rate as I expected, but I was able to keep in together and stay the course. 

Jump Squats
-2x 50 reps @ 2x 16kg's
-1x 50 reps @ 2x 24kg's

*Went a little lighter on these today, just wanted to test out my knee and see how it felt and I had no immediate problems so I was pleased. 

I feel like this was my first real training day in preparation for the Arnold it hasn't been to promising up to this point, but I hope I turned the corner here today. Only time will tell I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment