Wednesday, January 21, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00016] LCC&J (New PR!)


This post is for yesterday's workout, today is a rest day.

I was pushed for time yesterday, so when it came time to hit my workout I decided to test my metal and shoot for a 10 minute set of LCC&J. I've been feeling pretty good recently and so thought it would be a good opportunity to see how I am progressing. Here's how it went...

Kettlebell Lifting (timed set)

The Workout
LCC&J @ 2x 24kg's
-10 minutes @ 5 rpm (50 reps!) 

*This is a new PR for me, so I was pleased with the performance. My previous best was 45 in the AKC meet in Atlanta, Dec 13th. 

I was happy when I set the k-bells down, but more with the fact that I hit 10 minutes and 50 reps than how the set felt. I didn't feel that smooth today. My jerk felt a little labored due to the fact that my knee is not 100% yet. I felt a little sloppy transitioning from overhead to the clean on a few occasions, but that means there is room for improvement, which is good. 

If you wish, you can check out my set on you tube. Here's the link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCTzJ76vt8o



No comments:

Post a Comment