Friday, January 23, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00018] CrossFit (K-bell Nasty Girls)


Today is my day off specific k-bell training, so I had to decide which CrossFit WOD to attempt. I really wanted to try a workout they call "The Bear" which is:

7 sets in sequence (without setting the bar down) of:

-1x Power Clean
-1x Front Squat
-1x Push-Press
-1x Back Squat
-1x Push-Press

*5 rounds, rest as required between rounds.
-The Rx'd weight for this workout is 95#

I hit 1 round of this, but decide to stop there as my knee was feeling it on the power cleans and squats. Not a happy camper!

So I had to come up with another workout. I quickly remembered a WOD that I saw Jason Khalipa (CrossFit Champ) doing on you tube, it's called "Nasty Girls" and involves air squats, ring muscle-ups, and hang cleans. I thought with a slight modification I could make this work, so here's what I came up with...

CrossFit Workout

K-bell Nasty Girls

3 rounds for time of:

-50x Air Squats
-7x Muscle-Ups
-10x K-bell Snatch @ 24kg's (53#), 5 on the right and 5 on the left.

*My completion time was 17:57. Not an amazingly fast, but I went a little slower on the squats really focusing on punching my hips back and down to keep the pressure off my knee, which worked pretty well. I felt the knee a little, but it was tolerable. The muscle-ups felt fairly good, I managed to hit 3 in a row without dropping off the rings in round 2, so that was pleasing. Probably could have gone with 10 reps per arm on the snatches. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment