Monday, January 19, 2009

E11 k-bells [#00015] CrossFit WOD (MU's, HSPU's, Swings & DU's)


CrossFit

I have just recently begun playing around with ring muscle-ups(MU) and handstand push-ups (HSPU), so I decided it is about time I threw myself into the fire and hit them in a workout, so today was the day. Prior to this workout my PR for MU's was 4 (in my lifetime) and HSPU was 4 (unbroken)...

The Workout
5 rounds for time of:
-2x Muscle-Ups
-4x Handstand Push-Ups
-15x 2 Arm Overhead K-bell Swings @ 53#
-20x Double Unders

*My completion time was 15:10. (not that impressive, but its a start)

I am fairly happy with how this went. I hit all 5 rounds of HSPU's, Swings and DU's unbroken so that felt good. Round 1 & 2 of the MU's were ok, round 3 sucked and cost me a lot of time (poor technique), but round 4 & 5 were unbroken and felt good. It's amazing how technique improves as you fatigue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment